We want to share this in case you are in the midst of a potential purchase or upgrade of Zebra equipment. In line with other manufacturers, there will be significant price increases for some products from January 7th, 2019, due in part to the onset of tariffs imposed by the United States on some Chinese manufactured products.
If you are planning to acquire more equipment including any of the items impacted below, please contact us today. Orders for 2019 generally need to placed no later than Monday, December 3rd, 2018.
Announcement from Zebra:
"On January 7, 2019 (“Effective Date”), Zebra will increase list prices by twelve percent (12%) on most accessories when sold separately, including power supplies, cradles, cables, stands and chargers, and on certain specialized scanning products including companion scanners, micro kiosks, RFID sleds and the DS4800 Series. List prices for DS9908 scanners will increase by six percent (6%) and for EVM Service contracts by five percent (5%). Additionally, Zebra will increase the list prices of other hardware products by one percent (1%). Actual price increases will vary slightly due to rounding to the nearest whole dollar (US$) for most products.
Reason for Change
The United States government has imposed import tariffs on certain goods imported from China that are either sold or shipped to the U.S. These tariffs will be rising to twenty-five percent (25%) commencing on January 1, 2019. Zebra’s six percent (6%) and twelve percent (12%) list price increase on impacted products, and five percent (5%) list price increase on EVM Services, will partially offset Zebra’s increased cost. Since many impacted accessories are included in bundled products, Zebra is raising the list prices on all other hardware products by one percent (1%) to offset the higher costs of these bundles.
- Product families that will be subject to the twelve percent (12%) list price increase include:
- Scanning and RFID Devices: CS30XX, DS480X, MK3XXX, MK5XX, RFD2XXX, RFD85XX,
- Scanning Accessories: HANDHELD GP, HANDHELD IND, HANDSFREE, SCAN MISC, READER, CONSUMR SCN, DIGITAL SCN families ending in -ACC
- Mobile Computing: Families with “CBLS”, “CHGRS”, “CRDLS” “PS”, “MISC” or “PSION” ending in -ACC Printing: All “Aftermarket Products” with the Technology designation of “Accessory”
- Barcode supplies, card supplies, and software are excluded from list price increases
- Solution Builder will reflect the new list prices as of the Effective Date
- Zebra reserves the right to limit order quantities and/or allocate product supply of all impacted products
[END OF ZEBRA ANNOUNCEMENT]
Someone on our team here at Advanced Mobile Group can answer any questions.
We look forward to working with you to ensure the products and services we deliver offer mutually rewarding business opportunities at the performance edge.
What You Need to Do:
If you are unsure how any of the price increases for Zebra or any other manufacturer will impact your procurement or upgrade your plans for 2019, please contact us immediately and we can work with you to identify any potential impact this may have for you next year or work with you to plan for alternative solutions.
Important Deadline to Remember:
As a courtesy reminder, if you are planning to acquire more equipment including any of the items in the announcement above, please contact us today. Orders for 2019 generally need to placed no later than Monday, December 3rd, 2018.