We’re just two years from 2020, but the warehousing industry has already made huge strides in enabling smarter warehouses with more efficient and accurate operations.
By 2020, the industry will achieve a major transformation, thanks in large part to significant technological investment and expansion:
Technology Transformation By 2020:
- 76% will have staff equipped with new technology
- 75% will be using a full-featured, best-in-class WMS
- 76% will be using real-time location systems (RTLS)
- 67% will be using new barcode scanners for better data capture
- 66% be using new tablet solutions for enhanced productivity
- 56% will be using RFID for automated data capture and tracking
How do your technology plans stack up with the rest of the industry?
Learn more about the key concerns that are driving warehousing technology investment and learn where the industry is planning to expand in the Warehousing 2020 Infographic: