A NEW AND BETTER WAY TO TRACK EQUIPMENT AND CONSUMABLES
The New York Blood Center (NYBC) was founded in 1964 and is one of the most preeminent and comprehensive blood centers in the world. NYBC serves the greater New York and New Jersey metropolitan areas consolidating the region’s blood supply and ensuring its safe delivery to those who need it.
Key Solution Objectives
- Automate multiple asset tracking via scanner accurately and quickly using barcode or RFID.
- Capture historical and audit data to track asset life cycle management.
- Increase asset monitoring for high value items and location information for regulatory compliance.
- Reduce overall process times for pick/pack and item verifi cation for blood drives.
- Automate the asset preventive maintenance (PM) process.
- Insure all required assets are in place (loaded) for a location.
- Enable data mining capability for reporting, metrics management and analysis.
To perform these tasks in a comprehensive and integrated manner, AMG provided applications based upon its ViziTrace RFID software platform.